How to get the best fit:
- Fitted nappies do not need to be so tight that deep red elastic marks occur. Run your fingers around the bum casing from back to front once on. It should be nice and comfy,not tight.
- The wings in the front will slowly grow furthur and furthur apart as the baby gets bigger. Do not try to always get the wings to meet in the middle- this will make the nappy too tight.
All our videos are here.
Dawn patrol day fitteds
- Always keep the velcro tabs closed. Only open them when the nappy is about to be closed. Never wash with the tabs open.
- Day nappies only. Not suitable for overnight.
- Require a fleece or waterproof cover.
How to lay the inserts:
Size 1(newborns): Lay the small round insert UNDER the longer one. For boys place it in front of his bits. For girls, a bit furthur down in the middle.Add a third booster if the nappy is very wet after 2 hours.
Sleepy dust hemp fitted night nappies
- Always use fleece covers over night nappies. They breathe and are comfy.
- Never tuck clothes into a cover/longies/nappy.
How to lay the inserts:
Size 1(newborn): Newborns are changed (until about three months old) two to three times a night.Add an additional booster if the nappy is very wet (no dry patches) after 3 hours of wear.
Size 2 & 3:(5kg up) The smaller booster can be laid at the bottom or on top under the fleece liner. Fold the long snake insert into three if the nappy is very wet in the morning.
How wet is too wet?
From about three months, night nappies soak up an entire nights output. Expect a very damp nappy in the morning however if it is soaking wet (with no dry patches) and the fleece cover feels damp, add another booster/small padfolded flat between the cover and the nappy that is on like this:
How to soften hemp nappies
- Due to no fabric softner, nappies can get stiffer.
- Pop them (already dry) in the tumble drier on LOW for 10 minutes.
- Give them a hot iron if you do not have a drier.
- Rub the nappy against itself. The friction results in a softer fabric.
How to work with snappies
- Once your nappy is on, place the snappy on, top lining it up with baby's hip. Push down (do not try and make this side grip onto anything) and keep holding with your thumb, then pull the other side across and let it grip the fabric.
- Make sure to pull it firmly so it stretches. It requires tension to work.
- Then pull the bottom one down and place pressure on it and it will grip the fabric.