Pokkelokkie offers two fitted types: A day fitted and a night fitted.
How to get the best fit:
- Fitted nappies do not need to be so tight that deep red elastic marks occur. Run your fingers around the bum casing from back to front once on. It should be nice and comfy,not tight.
- The wings in the front will slowly grow furthur and furthur apart as the baby gets bigger. Do not try to always get the wings to meet in the middle- this will make the nappy too tight.
All our videos are here.
Dawn patrol day fitteds
- Day nappies only. Not suitable for overnight.
- Always use both inserts in the nappy.
- Always keep the velcro tabs closed. Only open them when the nappy is about to be closed. Never wash with the tabs open.
- Require a fleece or waterproof cover.
How to lay the inserts:
Small fitteds (3 - 67/kg):
Lay the small round insert under the longer one. For boys place it in front of his bits. For girls, a bit further down in the middle. Lay the fleece liner on top.
Boosting the day fitteds:
If the nappy is totally saturated (at two and a half hours for newborns or three hours for 6kg+), add a booster between the nappy and the cover like this:
Sleepy dust hemp fitted night nappies
- Size small: use day or night for newborns.
- Size medium and large: night nappies only. Not suitable for day use. They are designed to hold a nights output.
- Always use fleece covers or fleece longies or softshell covers over night nappies. They breathe and are comfy.
- Never tuck clothes into a cover/longies/nappy.
How to lay the inserts:
Small fitteds (birth - 6/7kg):
Newborns must be changed (until about three, three and a half months old) through the night as nappies get saturated quickly at this age.
Use both inserts initially.
Always place the fleece liner closest to the bum.
The small fitted is NOT designed to cope with an entire night`s output. Once baby stops pooping at night and it`s time to move a size up, the medium night fitted is designed for the whole night.
To reduce bulk lay one insert in the nappy and the other in the cover see below.
Medium and large fitteds:
The smaller booster can be laid at the bottom or on top under the fleece liner. Fold the long snake insert into three if the nappy is very wet with no dry patches, in the morning.
How wet is too wet?
From about three months, night nappies soak up an entire nights output. Expect a very damp nappy in the morning however if it is soaking wet (with no dry patches) and the fleece cover feels damp, add another booster/small padfolded flat between the cover and the nappy that is on like this:
How to soften hemp nappies
- Due to no fabric softner, nappies can get stiffer.
- Pop them (already dry) in the tumble drier on LOW for ten minutes.
- Give them a hot iron if you do not have a drier.
- Scrunch it up and rub the nappy against itself for a few minutes. The friction results in a softer fabric.
How to work with snappies
- Once your nappy is on, place the snappy on, top lining it up with baby's hip. Push down (do not try and make this side grip onto anything) and keep holding with your thumb, then pull the other side across and let it grip the fabric.
- Make sure to pull it firmly so it stretches. It requires tension to work.
- Then pull the bottom one down and place pressure on it and it will grip the fabric.